Mortgage Professional America forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Biased lending accusation to benefit originators

Notify me of new replies via email
Mortgage Professional America | 03 Nov 2015, 06:30 AM Agree 0
Another bank is in hot water for alleged discriminatory lending – a case that draws attention to the value originators provide clients
  • | | 03 Nov 2015, 11:55 AM Agree 0
    Hudson City did not offer mortgages with less than 20% down. What kind of minority ratio does the CFPB expect? Another money grabbing move by the CFPB
  • JKM | | 04 Nov 2015, 10:24 AM Agree 0
    According to Doski it could be indicative of banks wanting the easiest deals possible.
    “They’re not looking to structure difficult deals and work with clients who don’t fit neatly into a box,” Doski said.
    Ya Think! This is a no brainer. Work one day as an internet lender and see how many potential borrowers you speak with that have been turned down by banks. They only want prime, cream of the crop borrowers.
  • TK | | 09 Nov 2015, 01:51 PM Agree 0
    This is the unintended result of the CFPB limiting the amount of money a mortgage originator can make. Why would I do difficult mortgages if I make the same amount as the easy ones? It's common sense.
Post a reply