Mortgage Professional America forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Athas Capital notches healthy growth giving borrowers what they want

Notify me of new replies via email
Mortgage Professional America | 06 Apr 2016, 06:30 AM Agree 0
With 20% down and good credit, today’s subprime borrowers often have other options
  • Darryl D | | 06 Apr 2016, 12:13 PM Agree 1
    Worst company to deal with. I have submitted mortgages to them and never once did I receive an approval within 2 days, don't know how they claim they close fast and approve mortgages within 4 hours but it's complete bs. I would 100% steer away from them, no matter what . Also if your client has had past problems and they are in the 700-800 fico why the heck would you take a rate in the 5s when there are companies legitimate companies offer government back mortgages in the low 4s?

Also when the owner of the company's records aren't clean enough for him to refi his own mortgage within the normal 30-40 days then does that say about the company as a general and how it is run
  • Dan | | 06 Apr 2016, 12:50 PM Agree 0
    Let's charge subprime rates but demand Agency guidelines. I had the perfect mortgage them, full doc, high FICO's, gift wrapped. Flat turned it down for meaningless technicalities. Easier to go FHA. Can't really figure out what exactly their niche is.
  • Concerned | | 09 Apr 2016, 12:58 PM Agree 0
    Wow an approval in 4 hours... really sounds like they're doing their due diligence on the mortgages they underwrite. Looks like "Sane Subprime" will take us over the edge again and Athas and this O'shawnesy fellow will be leading the way. From the comments above this looks like bad news. I just looked at there rate sheets and the rates are sooo high. I don't know if I really believe the claim of 100's of days to get a traditional mortgage. This clown seems like a carnival barker and not someone who should be trusted with financing peoples homes.
Post a reply