Mortgage Professional America forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Ask the Expert: Part III - Rookies or seasoned pros, which do I hire?

Notify me of new replies via email
Mortgage Professional America | 26 Jan 2015, 07:45 AM Agree 0
Experience does not always translate into the right employee. The person also must be the right person and the right "fit" for the position, as well as for the company. Here's the third part to last week's question on whether to employ young professionals or seasoned mortgage professionals.
  • Warren Goldberg | | 26 Jan 2015, 01:18 PM Agree 0
    I too have been challenged to find the right MLO's who would be a good fit for my company's business model and culture. My challenge has been:
    1) Most of the MLO's out there are of the "boiler-room" sales mentality. I'm looking for someone much more evolved, regardless of whether they close 3 mortgages per month or 30.
    2) Since Dodd/Frank, most MLO's are drinking the Big Box Banks' Cool-Aid and can't fathom how a mortgage broker can survive. I'm living proof that mortgage brokers are not only surviving, but THRIVING! In most cases, the right MLO can earn more through a broker like myself than with one of the Big Box Banks.

If you're a MLO on Long Island, NY, if you have an entrepreneurial personality, and you're looking for a new home, we should have a conversation.
    Warren Goldberg, CMPS
    President and Founder
    Mortgage Wealth Advisors, Inc.
    516-302-1090
Post a reply