Mortgage Professional America forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Are banks too big for jail?

Notify me of new replies via email
Mortgage Professional America | 03 Dec 2014, 08:04 AM Agree 0
Hardly any bankers have been prosecuted for their role in the financial crisis, instead prosecutors are continuing to settle with large financial institutions outside of the courtroom.
  • NashvilleMike | | 03 Dec 2014, 08:33 AM Agree 0
    And they won't ever be. 2 much corruption.
  • Mickey | | 03 Dec 2014, 11:37 AM Agree 0
    As Eric Holder, the useless former attorney general said...they are too big too fail, see below. So the goal of all US corporations is too become so big you are immune to prosecution. The US has become a cesspool for corruption, and men like Holder made it ok to do so. Banks now have a business model, where they pay fines for pennies on the dollar on the profits their illegal activities bring in.

“I am concerned that the size of some of these institutions becomes so large that it does become difficult for us to prosecute them when we are hit with indications that if you do prosecute, if you do bring a criminal charge, it will have a negative impact on the national economy, perhaps even the world economy,” he said. “And I think that is a function of the fact that some of these institutions have become too large.”
  • Neill | | 22 Dec 2014, 08:28 AM Agree 0
    It's an unfortunate truth.

<a href="">Mortgage Defense</a>
Post a reply