Mortgage Professional America forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Agents Demand Faster Closing Times

Notify me of new replies via email
Mortgage Professional America | 15 Apr 2013, 07:12 AM Agree 0
Most real estate agents want mortgage originators to close their home buyers’ mortgages in 30 days or less—50 percent faster than the national average closing time—according to a new national survey released today.
  • Matt | | 17 Apr 2013, 02:26 PM Agree 0
    Real Estate agents have NO risk in the transaction other than a commission check. They all want to tell the mortgage companie/lenders they don't need to ask for this or that from the borrowers as if the real estate agent is the one who has the risk of lending the money.
  • Jon | | 17 Apr 2013, 02:37 PM Agree 0
    This is not news, agents blame their mortgage officer, mortgage officers blame the bank ETC ETC ETC. What I find disturbing is that agents will flat out tell a mortgage officer that they will not do business with them unless them give them part of their income! So lets take a look at that for a moment, as a mortgage officer I can not even give the buyer a credit if the file is say $100.00 short to close like we used to and if the CFPB ever found out that a mortgage office was giving a real estate any money "under the table" I would lose my source of income. We are all in this business "TOGETHER" it s time we start thinking that way!
Post a reply