Mortgage Professional America forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

5 Words that Should Never be Uttered by Mortgage Professionals

Notify me of new replies via email
  • Sheldon Hecht | | 03 Feb 2012, 08:23 PM Agree 0
    how true! - great article
  • Karen Deis | | 03 Feb 2012, 08:58 PM Agree 0
    Ralph, great article. I have all of George Carlin's DVD's and you are right on with this article. Thanks for writing and sharing it. karen.
  • Pat Presley | | 03 Feb 2012, 09:04 PM Agree 0
    So true! Just recently experienced this outside the field. People also hear what they want to hear.
  • Robert Nolan | | 03 Feb 2012, 10:34 PM Agree 0
    Ralph - Crappola? Must be a South Jersey term? Great article my friend.
  • Bob Biondo | | 04 Feb 2012, 06:16 PM Agree 0
    Ralph - If you have to explain there is no chance it will be understood!

When a client tells me the LO that offers better service than me said "He can't do that." I like to reply - Tell the other LO to concentrate on what he or she can do for you rather than their perception of what I can't. Excellent list of words. I'd also add the phrase No problem to your list.
  • William Matz | | 12 Feb 2012, 04:19 AM Agree 0
    I agree with the article insofar as it is written about the broker-real estate agent relationship. The sad truth is most r.e. agts could not care less about what mortgages their clients get so long as the sale closes. Hence the massive popularity of WaMu, C'wide, and World, whose neg am mortgages would close anyone.

However, when dealing with financial professionals (most of my business), many of the "words" need to be discussed, especially points, rates, and programs. There are programs that offer significant estate/financial planning opportunities. But recognizing those opportunities requires far more education and experience than just a real estate license or NMLS number.
  • Elaina Carrera | | 26 Feb 2012, 08:25 PM Agree 0
    Good point! Bob, did we work at Acacia Mortgage together? Small world!! In Mortgage, isn't it always, though?
Post a reply