Mortgage Professional America forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

3 Popular Lending Scams and How to Avoid Them

Notify me of new replies via email
Mortgage Professional America | 31 Oct 2012, 12:19 PM Agree 0
For many real estate investors, it can be a challenge to identify the real lenders from the bogus lenders. Even savvy real estate investors can fall victim to lending scams. Here are 3 of the most popular scams in hard money lending and tips for steering clear of bogus lenders
  • Jesse | | 31 Oct 2012, 12:33 PM Agree 0
    I was taken by a lending scam this year for $3,000 by some outfit out of New York. They promised the moon and once I gave them the upfront fee of $3,000 they never returned my calls or emails. It was a hard lesson but I won't be taken by an upfront fee collector again !!
  • Ecel | | 31 Oct 2012, 01:01 PM Agree 0
    I was almost the victim of a lending scam. The group promised 100 percent financing and then asked for a fee of $2,100. I knew it was a scam when they didn't even look at our paperwork just gave us an approval right away then asked for money.
  • Home In Maryland – Avoid Lending Scams &laqu | | 07 Nov 2012, 07:05 PM Agree 0
    [...] 3 Popular Lending Scams and How to Avoid Them | The Niche Report. [...]
Post a reply