Mortgage Professional America forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

2016 election: Which candidate do mortgage pros prefer?

Notify me of new replies via email
Mortgage Professional America | 07 Nov 2016, 10:44 AM Agree 0
MPA surveyed hundreds of mortgage professionals about their preference in the presidential election. Here’s what we found
  • Honesty | | 07 Nov 2016, 01:17 PM Agree 0
    Both campaigns have been a joke. I haven't heard any real input regarding either of their plans to execute the current initiatives in place or their strategies to implement change. I know Hilary should be in jail, and Donald assaulted women. Frankly, neither are relevant at this point. Let's face it, all we care about is someone to keep rates low and to continue opening up new mortgage programs so we can make money. Whichever candidate agrees with us, we want them!
  • One Concerned | | 07 Nov 2016, 01:30 PM Agree 0
    Yes Donald Trump wants a wall to slow the influx to this country, and yes he does want to screen immigrants much closer than we are now doing. He also wants to stop or slow down the exodus of our manufactures and company's that support our way of life in this Great Country. If we let Hillary appoint the Supreme Court Justices you are Electing a Criminal to appointing her Judge. Think about that for a minute. We do have a right to vote and we need to look at all sides before we cast our ballots. The Supreme Court can change America and re-write our Constitution that has worked for 240 years. Lets stand up and not let this happen. This election is worth your vote as many good men and women have fought and died to protect it, and what it stands for. Our Country One Nation Under God, Undivided, and strong.;
  • JIM P | | 07 Nov 2016, 01:35 PM Agree 0
    Both campaigns are not a joke and I feel the next 20 years are in the balance. Hillary can't be trusted. Her party knows that and the FBI knows that. She fraterizes with the enemy of our country's values: like Honest, loyalty, integrity. even what most would consider as motherhood. She has none of these. And, without a position to work from, rates won't matter to the new world order the left wants to shackle our country with.
  • Concerned Citizen | | 07 Nov 2016, 02:18 PM Agree 0
    Donald Trump will create a country that is split and biased. The people he has already stoked up with words like criminal, rigged,
    jail, bad hombres, will only get worse. He disrespects those that are less fortunate - the poor, the uneducated, handicapped, homeless, women, etc. Our country will not be great again.
    Think before you vote for this self-centered, self-serving, man. He is only out for himself not for the people of this country.
    We will not be a united country, which will be a sad day in history.
  • Greg | | 07 Nov 2016, 02:22 PM Agree 0
    While I agree, either candidate has its risks, I cannot imagine why we would vote for Hilary Clinton.
    These are the issues:

1. We cannot allow Clinton to appoint potentially three new Supreme Court Justices.

Obama has abused his authority of Executive Power/Order, due to a liberal Supreme Court. The fact that Obama Care passed, the way that it did is questionable. And it is not the number of Executive Orders issued, but the magnitude of orders he gave on issues that would normally be voted on by congress. Hillary will continue to imbalance the Supreme Court, and he use of Executive Order will be further abused, directing our country to a dictatorship. Believe this is a huge issue.

2. Hillary is on the take, with millions of donations from companies and parties that she is now on the hook to support. Trump basically self funded his campaign, with contributions coming in from individuals, and smaller organizations that can't really ask for anything down the road.

3. For the race to be this close, with Clinton's budget, in comparison to Trump's budget is absolutely astonishing. And this is an indicator how she will spend our tax dollars, compared to a Trump presidency, where he understands that a business needs to watch spending. I am surprised Trump did not capitalize on this issue more in his campaign and debates. Trump should have campaigned on a fiscal audit of our nations entire spending, with the intent to bring it in line.

4. We should let a business man, non career politician, have a shot. How much worse can it get. For those of you that complain that neither candidate has plan or lacks detail of their plans, this is very typical for any campaign. Obama ran his campaign on "Hope and Change". That is much of what he said in his speeches. And he had little experience in politics.

5. Hillary has been in politics for 26 years, and has not been able to accomplish the issues she promises to work on. Why would we believer her. She is a known quantity.

6. Benghazi -

7. Email server - lying to congress. Instructing her staff to destroy information.

8. Clinton Foundation - pay for play.

9. Obama care - she wants to deepen it.

10. Email leaks admit her saying - we campaign one message but deliver another.

11. How can a career politician be so wealthy? Think about that for a few minutes.

12. I wish Trump was more polished, and you would think he would be. But, it just can't be any worse than what we have, and I think it would be better than what we would get.

The list goes on - much of which has already been said.
  • Jerry J. | | 07 Nov 2016, 02:23 PM Agree 0
    I find it Impossible to Believe that Anyone who works for a living would even consider voting for Hillary Clinton! Not only is she corrupt in every way, she is for Big Government, ie. Obamacare, Dodd/Frank, Higher Taxes, etc! Don't you understand, the government doesn't produce any products! All the government can do to generate funds is to Steal from the People!
    Donald Trump wants to help the people get good jobs and Pay their Own Way! Unless you're dependent upon the government to provide for your existence, why would you even consider wanting more government?! I just want to keep more of what I make!

This is the easiest decision you will ever make! Vote For Trump!
  • Jerry J | | 07 Nov 2016, 02:28 PM Agree 0
    Right on, Greg!

This is the easiest decision we will ever make!

VOTE FOR TRUMP!
  • Jerry J | | 07 Nov 2016, 02:30 PM Agree 0
    One Concerned,

Right On!

This is the Easiest Decision We Will Ever Make!

VOTE FOR TRUMP!
  • Jerry J | | 07 Nov 2016, 02:32 PM Agree 0
    Jim P,

Right On!

VOTE FOR TRUMP!
  • Jerry J | | 07 Nov 2016, 02:33 PM Agree 0
    Concerned Citizen,

Right On!

VOTE FOR TRUMP!
  • Values Voter | | 07 Nov 2016, 06:31 PM Agree 0
    I love trump's drain the swamp slogan. We need to get rid of Burr, and elect Ross in NC, dump Pittenger and elect Cano in NC. n addition since the House delegation from NC is elected from gerrymandered districts they are not legitimate. in 2012 the vote was 49% Democratic and 51% Republican yet Republican representation is 10 out of 13 seats. Rucho the NC Senator who gerrymandered the seats said he did not know how to draw the districts to send 11 republivans to the house.

Burr does not do his job. He has held a judicial nominee for 4000 days. He must go.

We need a fully staffed Supreme Court that supports a woman's right to choose with no restrictions, equality of marriage including gay marriage, judicious background checks to purchase guns, and other eliminations of restrictions and regulations. We need a House and Senate that will reform immigration/ eliminate the Cuban preference, pass a national voting rights act, a gun ownership registry and license act and impose a sales tax on gun and ammunition purchases, Pass legislation to repatriate foreign corporate profits, strengthen social security, reform the Affordable Care Act and move to a single payer system. When healthcare is universal you can reform the VA system.

Eliminate Tax Exempt and Non Profit organizations. If they own property they pay property tax, they pay sales tax, they must pay Social Security and FICA taxes for their employees. under tax act eliminate all contractors and 1099 employees. Everyone must be paid at least a minimum wage of $15 per hour or $31.000/year. Under tax act first $100.000 of income is tax free except for FICA withholdings that includes interest income and capital gains.

If a person cannot make a living wage they cannot qualify for a mortgage to buy a house.

Trump is a 6 time bankrupt. Would you make him a mortgage mortgage to buy a house.

Vote accordingly. HRC will be the next President.

If that does not happen. Germany 1932.
  • | | 08 Nov 2016, 10:57 AM Agree 0
    I find it interesting that "Mortgage Pros" focused on Trumps business experience. Hasn't it been proven how unethical and cruel he is in his business dealings: not paying workers, thousands of law suits and many business failures. Trump doesn't present a business man that I would model, or someone that I respect for the way he conducts business.
Post a reply