Mortgage Professional America forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

12 million consumer credit scores about to go up

Notify me of new replies via email
Mortgage Professional America | 15 Mar 2017, 08:15 AM Agree 0
A decision by the three major credit-reporting agencies will raise credit scores for millions of consumers – but could pose a risk to lenders
  • Flavio | | 15 Mar 2017, 02:47 PM Agree 0
    These will be found at closing causing delays and cancellations
  • Griff | | 15 Mar 2017, 03:09 PM Agree 0
    Flavio is CORRECT. I had a mortgage a couple of months ago and nothing, zero, zip was on his credit, but when the title company did a name search, whoa, judgments, liens.
  • Ms Brown Candy | | 15 Mar 2017, 03:36 PM Agree 0
    Just because a person has a judgment or lien on them does not make them a bad person, sometime bankruptcy is the only way to get ahead of the game but does not make you a bad person or a person not worthy of credit. Other races have been filing bankruptcy for years and soon as the black people figured out how to do it, the people that sit behind a desk want to change the rules of the game. A person could have a late credit card payment on their credit, but something may have happened to where the person had to make a decision of paying the rent/mortgage or making a credit card payment late, but that does not make them a person that does not deserve more credit...so by removing judgments and liens off people credit is going to put them in a better position to buy something at a lower interest rate and the banks cant capitalize off the working poor anymore
  • Don in Jersey | | 16 Mar 2017, 08:26 AM Agree 0
    I must agree with some of the earlier comments >> The liens and/or judgements will still show up, just later in the transaction, thereby just delaying the "pain" of satisfying these items, and quite possibly causing cancelation of the home purchase, and INCREASING the purchaser's cost for a cancelled transaction (assuming costs of appraisal, search and survey have been incurred) BAD MOVE
Post a reply